Waterfront Shipping strives to achieve the highest standards for health, safety and environmental protection.
Responsible Care® is the umbrella under which we manage issues relating to the environment, health and safety, community awareness, security and emergency preparedness. Responsible Care is a global chemical industry standard run through the International Council of Chemical Associations in over 40 countries worldwide. These standards are a vital component of the Waterfront Shipping culture and ensure we take every practical precaution to minimize risk to people, the environment and the communities in every country in which we operate.
We believe a strong culture of safety onboard our vessels is fundamental to the safe and reliable delivery of product to our customers. Waterfront Shipping takes a number of steps to increase safety and improve communication on board our vessels; some of these Responsible Care initiatives include:
- Methanol safe handling videos, operations manuals and training for crew
- Nitrogen safety and awareness videos and training for crew
- CDI (Chemical Distribution Institute) audits and inspection
- Waterfront Shipping’s Vessel Safety Visits with focus on the human element
- Vessel security access policies
- Environmental emissions tracking
- Best practice sharing within the fleet and the industry
- Leading developments for safer vessel operational practices